In the building trades, R-Value is a way to gauge how well-insulated a structure is. Low R-Value results in lost energy and wasted money.
Process (or lack of it) is an R-Value for brands that leads directly to ROI.
Revenue and profits dissipate quickly when business processes are flimsy or unaligned with the brand:
- the physician practice that sends out reminder cards about annual appointments, but doesn't follow up if patients fail to reschedule
- the sales person who only pursues new business, and doesn't reconnect with past customers
- the company who lets contracts lapse, rather than proactively seeking renewals before they expire
- the firm that hosts a costly hospitality suite at a conference, but isn't prepared to meet prospects wearing branded apparel and armed with business cards and collateral materials
- the company that sends a guilt-laden membership renewal letter rather than trying to find out why the member hasn't renewed in the first place
All of these scenarios represent lost revenue—and a company that's lost touch with its customers.
They are brand promises unfulfilled.
check your R Value
If your revenue and profits aren't meeting your goals, it may be time for a deeper look. Do you have some leaks? Where are they, and what action can you take right now?
A strategic alignment of your people, process and brand (inside and out) will insulate and build your bottom line.